Friday, July 15, 2011

Quotations On Mother


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born.  She never existed before.  The woman existed, but the mother, never.  A mother is something absolutely new.  ~Rajneesh


If the whole world were put into one scale, and my mother in the other, the whole world would kick the beam.  ~Lord Langdale (Henry Bickersteth)


I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.  They have clung to me all my life.  ~Abraham Lincoln


Some mothers are kissing mothers and some are scolding mothers, but it is love just the same, and most mothers kiss and scold together.  ~Pearl S. Buck


If you have a mom, there is nowhere you are likely to go where a prayer has not already been.  ~Robert Brault, 


A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.  ~Author Unknown


Sweater, n.:  garment worn by child when its mother is feeling chilly.  ~Ambrose Bierce


Women's Liberation is just a lot of foolishness.  It's the men who are discriminated against.  They can't bear children.  And no one's likely to do anything about that.  ~Golda Meir


The real religion of the world comes from women much more than from men - from mothers most of all, who carry the key of our souls in their bosoms.  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes


The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.  ~Honoré de Balzac





Motherhood is priced
Of God, at price no man may dare
To lessen or misunderstand.
~Helen Hunt Jackson



that best academy, a mother's knee.  ~James Russell Lowell


My mother is a poem
I'll never be able to write,
though everything I write
is a poem to my mother


No comments:

Post a Comment